How to play iTunes protected movies on Android Tablets?
Apple was reasonably generous with its DRM restrictions–allowing you to play your purchased movies on up to five computers, burn it to CD, and play it on an unlimited number of iPads, iPods and iPhones–but what if you’re playing with an Android slab instead of an iPad?
You can still copy and put the iTunes movies onto an Android tablet, but will be told by your tablet that it can not play them due to protections. That’s the way how DRM works and how Apple protect their online store movies. Sadly but the fact is we not even allowed watching a purchased movie on a favorable player. But if you really want to watch iTunes purchased movies on an Android tab, like Galaxy Tab, there is a way to get around the DRM restriction. In this guide I will introduce how to get iTunes music videos onto Android tablets like Motorola Xoom, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Toshiba Thrive, HTC Flyer, X10 AirPad, Galaxy Tab 10.1 etc.
Tool used for DRM removal and Converter Software- Pavtube ChewTune
Before conversion you need to change iTunes options:
1. Launch iTunes, and switch to “Movies” under LIBRARY.
2. Select the videos you’d like to convert, right click on them, and select “Get Info”.
3. Switch to “Options” tab, find “Remember position” and select “No” from its drop-down list. Click “OK” to confirm.
1. Drag and drop the movies from iTunes Movie Library to the DRM remover and converter software. Or you may click “Add” button on the main interface to import iTunes movies.
2. Click “Format” and select an output format for Android Tablet. Here I choose “Common Video>> H.264 Video (*.mp4)” for converting iTunes M4V movies to Iconia Tab.
3. Click “Convert” to DRM-free iTunes movies. The iTunes DRM Removal conversion proceeds as iTunes plays the movies. So DO NOT turn off iTunes until the conversion is completed.
When conversion completes, click “Open” to locate the DRM-free movies. Now you’re ready to get the converted iTunes movies onto your Iconia Tab. Access your Android Tablet via USB connection. When the DRM-free movies are copied to your Xoom, Galaxy Tab 10.1 or Acer Iconia Tab, you’re free to play them.
1. iTunes Store movies are normally H.264 encoded .m4v files while H.264 encoded .mp4 format is more preferable for Android tablets- actually all tabs (Xoom, Galaxy Tab, HTC Flyer, Touch Pad, Playbook, etc) play the format.
2. You can extract MP3, AAC, WMA, M4R (iPhone Ringtone format) audio from iTunes Store videos with Pavtube ChewTune. Just select the audio format from “Common video” in step 2.